Bangalore — July 8, 2015 — Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced that its DXi® deduplication appliances, Scalar® tape libraries and StorNext Pro™ Solutions workflow storage have all successfully achieved Cisco Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) compatibility certification with Cisco’s Unified Computing System, the UCS B-Series Blade Servers. The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things to enhance the relevancy of network connections. As a member of the Cisco® Solution Partner Program, Quantum is able to quickly create and deploy solutions to enhance the capabilities, performance and management of the network to capture value in the IoE.
Quantum now has three product classes with multiple models that have achieved Cisco IVT, enabling customers running applications on Cisco UCS hardware to leverage industry-leading workflow, backup and archive storage solutions from Quantum for a variety of use cases:
- DXi Deduplication: The DXi4700 and DXi6900 are qualified to provide deduplication and backup for UCS environments. The DXi4700 is ideal for customers needing efficient data protection for data center, remote or virtual environments and includes military-grade encryption and extensibility to the cloud. The DXi6900 is designed to meet data protection needs of the next-generation data center, offering the highest level of scale, performance and security. In addition, Quantum’s DXi V-Series virtual deduplication appliance provides customers with the option to deploy deduplication as a virtual machine for VMware environments running on UCS hardware.
- Scalar Tape Libraries: The Scalar i40/i80, i500 and i6000 offer intelligent archive capabilities and long-term data retention for UCS customers. Proactive and automated monitoring and management reduce administration time and service interruptions, enabling IT staff to stay focused on key business objectives. Quantum is the market share leader in open systems tape automation, offering ease of management, industry-leading performance, reliability and scalability.
- StorNext Pro Solutions: StorNext Pro Solutions enable collaborative workgroups and are now certified to run in conjunction with applications operating on UCS. Offering broadcast and postproduction professionals fast, easy, end-to-end storage for today’s complex, high-performance workflows, StorNext Pro Solutions are based on StorNext 5 data management software, which provides a shared storage environment, policy-based tiering and the ability to scale to hundreds of petabytes.
The Cisco Solution Partner Program, part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem, unites Cisco with third-party independent hardware and software vendors to deliver integrated solutions to joint customers. As a Solution Partner, Quantum offers complementary products and has started to collaborate with Cisco to meet the needs of joint customers. For more information on Quantum in the Cisco Marketplace Solutions Catalog, go to: https://marketplace.cisco.com.
Robert Clark, Senior Vice President, Product Operations, Quantum
“Cisco UCS environments run business-critical data on a virtual infrastructure, so it is crucial to protect, archive, and have file management of the data. The combination of Quantum data protection and scale-out storage with UCS offers our partners a solid foundation for managing storage workflows in enterprise environments.”
- For more details about Quantum DXi data protection for Cisco UCS applications: quantum.com/applications/cisco-ucs/index.aspx
- To learn more about Scalar products: quantum.com/products/tapelibraries/index.aspx
- For more about StorNext®: quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/index.aspx